Saturday, July 18, 2009

#14 Delicious

This is so helpful. I set up a quick account and it is so easy to have a button to just tag it as the mood strikes when I find a helpful site. But the ability to access it from anywhere is fan.tast.ic.
http://delicious.com/drgooch

I really enjoyed the common craft video on social bookmarking. Simple and to the point.

The delicious FAQs were unusually clear, well written and helpful which isn't always the case with FAQs. I also love it when a site can throw in unexpected humor (why did they cancel Veronica Mars). Yes! to more humor whenever possible in all things.

However, this is, again, another contribution to information overload. Why? Let's say I have found 15 excellent sites on a topic. Unless I am working on a Ph.D I don't need 100 sites for every topic I can think of. So, I see someone else has 15 different sites from the sites I found on my interest or topic. And yet another person has 30 more on the topic. And I go to explore them. Where does it end? Laundry never gets done, car never gets an oil change. I'm just spending eternity looking at yet another website.

No comments:

Post a Comment