Sunday, July 19, 2009

#15 Digg

How did I ever live without Digg? Oh yeah. Quite easily.
Sarcasm aside, this is an exceedingly fun way to waste significant amounts of time. Here I go viewing the current top entry "Zombie costume" as well as "Man sues dentist after he dropped tools down throat TWICE." Of course it is the "twice" that really makes the story. Who could resist reading the story after that compelling headline??

And this certainly beats CNN if you are looking for the offbeat. The comments on various articles seem to be readable and thoughtful at times which is refreshing.

I can't see any application at all for my Library. But I am glad to have been introduced to Digg and I will be returning to it frequently much to my annoyance. I had really hoped to get back to my book (remember books?) Disquiet, please! More Humor Writing from the New Yorker. But the book will just have to wait because I just spotted "Top 10 Anti-Microsoft Quotes" Here are two: Difference between a virus and windows? Viruses rarely fail and Computers are like air conditioners, they stop working when you open windows.

Oh Digg where have you been all my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment