Wednesday, July 29, 2009

#20 YouTube

I have previously watched hundreds of things on YouTube. I can see it as a useful tool for libraries. I didn't know that user submissions had to be 10 minutes or less. So, I learned something new!

I watched several bookcart drill team entries. The video was fairly terrible on all. One (an Austin Library group) did use my new favorite song -- "I want to be a librarian". When I went to the song's official video it was well worth the viewing. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is by "Haunted Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_WXP7lUWM

I noticed that several library-related YouTube videos have very low hits and 0 comments in many cases. Maybe it was just the ones I tried. But it does make me wonder how successful this is if few are viewing what you are putting out there in YouTube Libraryland.

I also enjoyed an open access occupational film about the library profession shot in 1947. The purpose, sayeth the film, is bringing people and books together. Today, I suppose it is bringing people and computers together.

I also don't know how people actually post something on YouTube. Is is fairly simple to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment