Tuesday, August 4, 2009

#21 Podcasts

I listened to several podcasts. I think this is a great idea. I found the Medline plus podcasts very informative and just the right length. Some of the podcasts were puzzling. I can't figure out why some were on the websites. They didn't seem of interest to most. One was an almost 30 minute commentary from a person who was leaving the community taped at a farewell party. It was not library related at all and seemed an odd choice to be featured on that library website.

I noticed a significant number were podcasts that simply read children's books. The quality was sketchy on the three different library websites I listened to. I wonder if they track how many people listen. I'm not sure young kids would be able to listen that long with nothing but a picture of the front of the book to view.

I think this is a idea worth pursuing. But like many things at my Library, I just don't know how much we can do to the web page. It is very tied to the city's web page and we have have almost 0 flexibility and control over it. It does seem to be of of the simpler items we could incorporate and I will try to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment