Wednesday, August 12, 2009

#10 Ning

Did I just watch 12 minutes of video of yorkshire terriers "sweeping" a floor and various other small dog antics on the "I Love My Yorkie" social network on Ning?? Yes. I. Did. Why? It's a mystery. But totally worth my time.

Some of my other various searches of a less frivolous nature seemed to only yield advertisement-type results of people wanting to sell me things -- houses, etc.

I did find a puzzle swap network that might help me give away some jigsaw puzzles I want to donate -- except that I don't want any in return! I didn't want to trash them so now I have hopefully found a group of people who have a real interest in them. So, that has been helpful. I wouldn't have thought to try something like ning to locate a source to donate these puzzles.

I stumbled upon a review while viewing the ALA ning-related site. I somehow missed this title in Booklist: Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America by Barbara Ehrenreich. Well, I'm intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment