Sunday, August 9, 2009

#8 Facebook

This is the one that I have delayed, put off, procrastinated over. Wait while I go get a thesaurus to add more adjectives. I just did not want to do this.

I did create a facebook account. I am very ambivalent about this. I skipped over it originally and went on to other things for a reason. I don't think I understand how to make your profile more private. And how do you restrict who can, or cannot see items on your facebook account? I did go in and make sure my birthday was not public knowledge. I mean, identity theft is an epidemic these days. Does anyone think about that? My library's IT department does block facebook for employees. And no arguments or gentle persuasion will change their minds on this. And that actually doesn't matter because I am doing all of the 23 Things from my home computer.

I do think a facebook page for my Library would be a grand idea. Of course, we couldn't ever see what was on it due to the aforementioned blocking for employees. It is not blocked on our patron computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment