Wednesday, August 12, 2009

#22 Developing your own 23 Things for your Library

I believe a handful of people from my Library participated (or at least started) the Library 23 Things. However, we didn't really discuss it. I am not sure how many people completed all the Things. I do know our "techie" guru at the Library did complete the program.

I know I finally had to start skipping around due to my reluctance to join Facebook. I went to all of the other Things and finally did Thing 8, 9, 10 and 11 just in the last three days. And I will complete all 23 Things today. Just one more to go!!

I felt constrained having to do it all at home because my Library locks down a majority of the tasks in the 23 Things list. It was difficult to find time to devote to it.

I absolutely agree that it is important to learn new technologies in order to understand what our patrons are using and what is important in their online world. Perhaps our Library staff as a group could pick a handful of the most important (as decided as a group) 23 Things and work on learning those more in-depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment